Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cursed and Doomed.

It's as though I am in a pressure cooker, and the pressure just keeps building up, more and more, relentlessly. I cannot handle it, but there is nothing I can do. 

I am left to the ebb and flow of society, left to be judged by them. left to have my fate decided by unknown faces and silent voices. 

My place in this world has been robbed from me, put into the hands of these anonymous figures who decide how good I am.

Perhaps this is how life is like for the mediocre. 

You are left painfully aware of your weaknesses and failings, yet remain in that awkward position to feel "lucky" that you aren't those left behind. You are left doomed to never shine and never fail. 

The winners leave you behind in a trail of dust, sending you coughing and flailing. But you can't give up, because you are still running ahead of those who have fallen. You are cursed to keep trying - and failing.

It is possibly the worst kind of life possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment